The Madaxeman.com 10mm Directory
This page is here to help 10mm gamers choose between the ever-growing number of manufacturers out there, and (of course) to show off the far-too-much stuff I have bough and painted! What you can access through this main page is a complete directory of my own 10mm / 12mm / 1/144th scale WW2 models, with pictures of them all, and details of the various manufacturers. This is not a definitive list of every tank, infantryman and towed gun ever manufactured, as I don't own everything (..yet!), but there are an awful lot of them here to see. The stuff has pretty much all been painted by me (except where some manufacturers have kindly let me reproduce images from their websites) and as I would never claim to be a professional standard painter the figures and tanks are maybe not as stunning as the "we want to sell you these" ones on manufacturers websites - but if you want to see what they lok like when painted by an average painter, this is the site for you! Most importantly, as well as pictures of individual figures and models I also have lots of photos comparing different manufacturers offerings for size and acuracy. This means if you want to answer the 2 most common question on various web forums and discussion boards..
"which manufacturer makes the best....?"
".... and are they compatible with these models from this other Manufacturer..?"
..then you are in the right place.
The models come from pretty much every manufacturer out there - Pendraken, Perrin (Magister Militum in the UK), Pithead, Minifigs, Wargames South, Takara & other plastic kit manufacturers.
The picture database has been organized by Country, but is searchable as well by various keywords, and all the models should have the most important information, the manufacturer. There is also a separate directory for Comparison Photos where I show different manufacturers versions of the same vehicles
This page is the gateway to the 10mm Pages on Madaxeman.com. There are a number of different sections:
These pages came about when 10mm/12mm/1/144th/1:144 scale gaming became very popular for WW2 games largely due to the excellent Blitzkreig Commander rules. I personally reckon 10mm as the ideal scale for small and mid-scale WW2 gaming, as it has sufficient detail to identify easily each troop type (including infantry) yet it doesn't set the visual scale too far out of kilter at longer ranges - which can be an issue in the wheel-to-wheel tank tactics seen in some (FoW) WW2 games.... That's not to say I don't like 15mm too, as I have a big collection of painted 15mm WW2 German, British, American, Canadian, Italian and Russian troops as well which you can access here).
Page Loads so far for the 10mm Directory or view detailed traffic stats here
Leave feedback on this page with Facebook
Onto the Directory!!
|The Fully Searchable British Kit Index|
|Fully Searchable US kit Index|
|Fully Searchable French Kit Directory|
|Fully Searchable German Kit Directory|
|Small but perfectly formed Italian kit Directory|
|The Searchable Russian Kit Directory|
See all of ebays 10mm & 1/144th scale listings now previewed on this site - here's a mini sample showing listings of 10mm WW2 listings!
10mm WW2 Photos
Frequently Asked Questions
What's the size/scale in these pics ? I'm not as dedicated as the very clever 10mmworld and its systematic grid, but to give you a benchmark of sorts all of my square bases are 3cm x 3cm, and nearly everything else is on a 4cm long by 3cm wide base. Any exceptions are either noted, or hopefully obvious !
There's something missing! I did say not everything was here - however you can even upload your own photos to these directories! Follow the links below (next to each country flag), go through a very simple registration process and then use "upload files" link to upload picture files direct from your own PC. Please make sure you add them to the appropriate directory, and add in the manufacturers name
What's the Best? - its your decision! You can jump to my rather wooly opinion from hereWhat about Scale generally? - again, a rubbish and unclear answer here or also see the separate directory for Comparison Photos
- Antietam ACW action in 10mm
- You can easily access all of ebay UK's 10mm and 12mm listings live now on this site
- Separate listing for all the WW2 Aircraft & WW2 & post war tanks
- Its The End of the World as We Know It ! Infantry from different manufacturers caught sharing a base!!
- See all 5 Shermans, from every manufacturer under the sun (nearly)Click Here
- Takara Jagdpanther comparedwith Takara normal Panther and Minifigs Panther
- Pendraken Miniatures Great 10mm figures and vehicles in a ever-growing range, plus some good buildings and fortifications. Pendraken are also on Twitter. Here are the last 10 New product announcements from Pendraken, drawn from their Twitter feed.
- Minifigs WW2 Ranges - UK
- TimeCast Superb Quality buildings in a range of scales
- Bend Sinister - 12mm Polish
- Wargames South Makers of some of the most detailed 10mm WW2 stuff out there
- Magister Militum - UK stockists for the Perrin WW2 range, and some of their own gear
- Tankzone - buy the pre-painted 1/144 plastic stuff here
- Warrior - limited range of 10mm infantry
- Pithead Miniatures -fast expanding supplier with the main countries and some obscure ones too
- True North now acquired by Old Glory, used to have a range of 1/144 scale aircraft
- The Square - recently acquired the Bren Gun Miniatures range of WW2 Brits & Germans, and also SCW and Vietnam in 10mm
- Blitzkrieg Commander - the 10mm rules sweeping the world as we speak....
- Nik Harwoods 10mmWiki
- Gavin Parnaby 10mm Brits
- Fred12df - More Brits, and a Pendraken reference list
- Court Jester - propaint 10mm at its finest!
- Dazzas BKC Pages - more propaint marvels
- A Pendraken Gallery
- Miniature Realm - more great painting of various manufacturers
- 10mm BKC Pictures in a German Photobucket
- Tim Dennis painting site
- Combat Command - Pendrakens designer shows off some stuff
- Paul Gardner'sPBI wiki site;
- Matt Spooner - some modern stuff here too
- BKC French rules site !
- Stefan Panzers huge photobucket site
- 10mm World - another 10mm picture-rich site
- 1/144 Kampfgroup - another site with comparison shots
- A whole German and Russian town in N-scale in cardboard to print out and make!!
- 10mm wargaming.com Lots of 10mm goodies
- The Kubinka Tank Museum outside Moscow - everything, Soviet, Allied and Axis
- The US Army Museum in Maryland
- The Russian Army Museum in Moscow
- The Belgrade Castle's Tank Collection in, erm, Belgrade
- On my links page - click here to go there
of the evolution of the Tiger Tank
My Own Painting Guide
Painting WW2 10mm Infantry - A Guide, by me !!
Manufacturers & Other Links
Links to Other 10mm Gamers Sites with lots of photos
My WW2 Links
Russian Artillery Museum Links:
Huge amounts of photos on each and every page! (this stuff is also accessible in a searchable form in this directory here}
- WW2 - Early War small arms, Katyusha and Neberwerfers
- WW2 - 39-41 Artillery, AA and AT rifles
- WW2 - 41-43 Artillery, AT rifles, tank-killing poster and art
- WW2 - Artillery, HMG's. AK47 Collection, re-mounted captured 88, Panzerfaust collection<>
- >WW2 & October Revolution - more guns, more rockets, and an armored car from 1917
- WW2 - The Engineer Corps - bridging and mine clearance
- WW2 + Post War - The Hall of Rockets (Katyushas to Saggers) !
- WW2 + Post War - Major League AA, plus the SU- and ISU-series WW2 SPG's
- WW2 + Post war - all sorts of anti aircraft, BRDM's, MTLB's, and ZSU 23/4's