About This Site
This site is maintained in the UK. Information appearing on this site should not be reproduced without permission of me, the site owner, however as long as you say please and put a link back here I'm unlikley to say no, but if there is anything you want to use, just mail me to ask me at this address: email@example.com.
If you want to advertise, email me and I'm sure Madaxeman.com can come up with some sort of deal where I get free stuff and you get some ads. Or, if you want to use Google you can do so via:
The site is hosted by Zen Internet who seem very good - their online tech support has always been helpful to me when I need it, and so I'd fully recommend them if you want a reliable ISP and hosting service
The new EU Cookie Law and this site
A cookie is a type of information that a website puts on your hard disk, in order to remember something about you at a later time. Cookies tends to record your preferences when using a particular site and are commonly used to rotate banner adverts, so the user receives different adverts based on previous website activity. This site has a few sections with cookies, almost all of them from third parties (ie not me)
Read on to find out about how this affects you
Cookies and how they Benefit You
the Cookies on Madaxeman.com help us:
- Make Madaxeman.com work as you'd expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Offer you free content (thanks to advertising)
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve the website for you
- To enable the adverts on this site (for Amazon, eBay, Google & others) to do Affiliate Marketing and earn me small amounts of money each time you click on an advert or then go on to buy something. I'm not getting rich on it, and I do it partly to offset the cost of hosting the site, and partly because by adding in relevant links it helps make the site more interesting and useful. Anyways, if you buy anything through links from this site it won't cost you any more than if you bought it direct from Amazon or eBay - so it should be no skin off your nose.
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies used on Madaxeman.com below
More about the Cookies on Madaxeman.com
Website Function Cookies
Our own cookies
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
- Allowing you to add comments to Madaxeman.com
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use Madaxeman.com.
Third party functions
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily “Like” or share content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter there are sharing buttons on Madaxeman.com.
Cookies are set by:
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
Cookies are widely used in online advertising. Neither us, advertisers or our advertising partners can gain personally identifiable information from these cookies. We only work with advertising partners who work to accepted privacy standards such as Your Online Choices
You can learn more about online advertising at www.youronlinechoices.com. You can opt-out of almost all advertising cookies here although we would prefer that you didn’t as ultimately adverts help keep much of the internet free. It is also worth noting that opting out of advertising cookies will not mean you won't see adverts, just simply that they won't be tailored to you any longer.
We fund Madaxeman.com by showing adverts as you browse Madaxeman.com. These adverts are usually managed by a partner specialising in providing adverts for multiple sites. Invariably these partners place cookies to collect anonymous data about the websites you visits so they can personalise the adverts to you, ensure that you don't see the same adverts too frequently and ultimately report to advertisers on which adverts are working.
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our's and a large proportion of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called "spyware". Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
The cookie information text on this site was derived from content provided by Attacat Internet Marketing www.attacat.co.uk/, a marketing agency based in Edinburgh. If you need similar information for your own website you can use their free cookie audit tool.
If you send me your email address or register for parts of this site, I won't give that info to anyone else, promise.
The very clever sidebars on this site that pull in information from Amazon, eBay and other places are all generated using the incredibly wonderful CaRP RSS to HTML converter. If you want to know more about this brilliant tool you can find out all about the CaRP - RSS to HTML Converter hereGekoTribe also have a FREE version which does 99% of what the version on this site does. Adding RSS feeds to the site is meant to help with getting higher search engine placement. They even have a great support forum!
The 10mm & 15mm photo directories run on more FREE software called Coppermine. which is very clever as well, and is quite easy to set up, as long as your ISP gives you an SQL database. The WIKI runs on TikiWiki, which again is free.